With Halloween only a few days away, this Pumpkin Cheese Ball is the perfect themed out recipe that will have everyone coming back for more.
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- 2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper stem removed
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with hot sauce, oregano, onion powder, chives, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Form the mixture into a large cheese ball, then roll it in the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Wrap the cheese ball tightly using cling wrap, and use kitchen twine or elastic bands to create indentations resembling pumpkin lines.
- Place the cheese ball in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove the plastic wrap.
- Add a bell pepper stem to the top of the cheese ball and serve it with crackers.