My goal is to have a completely healthy kitchen. So as I finish one not so great ingredient, I replace it with a healthier option. I recently finished all my white flour and replaced it with almond flour. This has been great for baking although I had to learn that it’s not a 1 to 1 conversion (many banana breads caved in until I learned how to account accordingly for it).
My go-to meal at many restaurants is chicken tenders. I found myself one day craving them but had no way to make the batter so I spent some time searching on Pinterest to find a recipe made with almond flour and finally found one from Skinny Fitalicious. These are so delicious and so simple to make. I like to pair mine with some vegetables like carrots and cucumbers but Baked Fries would also be a great side.
Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken boneless skinless
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Prepare a large baking sheet, line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg with 2 tablespoons of water to make a egg wash. In a separate bowl, mix the almond meal, paprika, cayenne pepper, parsley, salt and pepper together.
- Cut the chicken into tenders (you can buy them already pre-cut). Place a chicken tender in the egg wash, let drip off the excess. Then place the chicken tender in the almond flour mixture and coat liberally. Shake off, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for all the chicken tender pieces.
- Bake at 400 F 18 minutes flipping half way through. After 18 minutes, turn the broiler on high. Broil 4 minutes to make the chicken extra crispy.
- While the chicken bakes, stir together the ingredients for the buffalo sauce. Serve immediately with chicken tenders.