This recipe is contributed by Jen aka Clean Eating Goddess.
All baked in the oven, and completely grain free- these meatballs are a great way to make chicken a little more interesting.
Asian Chicken Meatballs
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sriracha optional
- 2 tsp tamari I use low sodium
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 lb ground organic chicken
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tamari I use low sodium
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
To Serve (optional)
- fresh cilantro
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped scallion
- Set oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for chicken until a paste forms.
- Add your chicken and work mixture into the meat. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon measure, form meatballs and arrange evenly on baking sheet. If the meatballs are sticking while rolling, just dip your fingers in water.
- Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. For a more golden colour, bake on convection, or carefully broil the top for about a minute.
- Add maple syrup, tamari, and sesame oil into a pan over medium heat. When it starts to bubble, add your garlic. Simmer until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to pan and coat in sauce. Alternatively, you can serve the sauce on the side. Top with toasted sesame seeds and fresh cilantro or green onion.