There is really nothing better or easier than pasta! With so many healthy and tasty gluten free pasta options, we are always coming up with delicious recipes for a quick, satisfying, plant lunch or dinner option. Currently, asparagus is in season and I came up with a recipe and have made it a few times since. I love the combination of mushroom and asparagus with a simple buttery, white wine sauce.
You can adjust the ghee to your liking, should you feel you need a little more you can always add! This combination is light but filling! Let us know if you love it.
Asparagus Mushroom Summer Pasta
- 1 package GF pasta lentil, chickpea, quinoa, brown rice are all great options
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tbsp ghee or vegan butter
- 1/8 cup crushed chilli flakes
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into 1’’ pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil and 1 tbsp ghee or vegan butter, once melted add minced garlic and chilli flakes and let cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Don’t let garlic burn.
- Add in asparagus, mushrooms and remaining 2 tbsp ghee or vegan butter. Sautee for about 4-5 minutes until asparagus becomes bright green and starts to soften. Add in white wine and sautee another 1-2 minutes. Asparagus should be cooked but not too soft and should have a little bite.
- Add cooked pasta into asparagus and mushroom sauce and add 1 tbsp ghee or vegan butter, mix together and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with nutritional yeast or parmesan and enjoy!