I don’t know about you but we are huge fans of Greek food. It’s simple, flavourful and generally pretty healthy. This is a recipe I have made for years, it’s one of those easy, go to chicken marinades that you can make weekly. If you food prep this chicken recipe is perfect for salads, rice, quinoa, veggies etc… very versatile but also delicious if you want to make a Greek inspired meal one of these days!
This is always how I have made my Greek chicken and it is always a hit! You can use olive oil as well, after all this is Greek chicken, I just prefer to cook on higher heats with avocado oil.
Easy Greek Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dill powder
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- ½ tsp steak spice
- Sea salt & pepper
- ½ juice of lemon
- In a mixing bowl add chicken breasts, avocado oil, yellow mustard, garlic powder, dill powder, oregano, steak spice, salt, pepper. Coat the chicken nicely. Do not add lemon juice until you are ready to cook.
- Let chicken sit in marinade for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better. You can even marinade overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Once ready to cook add juice of ½ a lemon and combine. Heat an oven safe pan to medium high heat with a little cooking spray or oil. Once hot add chicken and cook on each side 3-4 minutes until nicely browned but not cooked through.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. If you like your chicken nice and crispy you can broil each side for 30 seconds on the top rack of the oven.
- Add a little extra lemon juice, garnish with fresh dill or parsley if you have and enjoy!