Remember this one? Made it a few weeks back for dinner and it was so delicious and so simple. Sometimes the simplest ingredients make the best dishes.
Grilled Chicken Topped with Bruschetta
- 2 Chicken breasts scaloppini'd sliced thin or pounded thin
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Cayebbe
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1 Tomato
- 1 French Shallot or Red Onion
- 1 Clove garlic chopped
- 5-6 Fresh basil leaves chopped
- Marinate the chicken in avocado oil, all the spices and lemon juice. Let marinate for minimum 20 minutes, overnight is even better.
- Prepare bruschetta by mixing all ingredients together and set aside.
- Grill chicken on the barbecue or a pan of your choice. I like to use a grill pan. I generally cook the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Squeeze some lemon juice on the side before flipping it and cooking the other side. Repeat lemon juice on the second side.
- You can also grill the squeezed lemons and add to the dish for presentation.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, serve with the bruschetta on top or on the side and enjoy!