Do you ever just want a basic chocolate chip muffin? Not banana chocolate, not coconut chocolate, not double chocolate just like classic white cake and chocolate chips. Maybe I am not explaining this properly, but I feel like many of you get what I mean. Growing up, there was a chain called Mmmmuffins and they had these incredible basic chocolate chip muffins. To this day I still think about them and had to find a way to recreate. I tested a few things and made this recipe. These are delicious, simple but so good! I gave some to a few friends, family and they all loved them!
This recipe can also be made as a cake or mini muffins! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @glw.grls if you make these! We love to see what you’re baking!
Chocolate Chips Muffins
- ½ cup ghee butter can also use vegan butter
- 1 ½ cup paleo baking flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk I used coconut
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and get your muffin tray ready. I use a silicone muffin pan so no liners or spray needed.
- Blend ghee, paleo flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and milk with an electric mixer preferably. If not, use a hand whisk but be sure to whisk really well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and combine together well. Fold in chocolate chips and combine.
- Distribute evenly into the muffin tray. Top with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!