These energy balls make the perfect afternoon snack because they’re packed with nutrients and satisfying flavours. This is one of my most popular recipes and have been made over and over by many and loved by all. The texture, flavour and ingredients are on point!
Coconut Date Energy Balls
- 1/4 cup raw organic cashews
- 1/4 cup raw organic almonds
- 9 pitted Medjool dates soaked in warm water for about 5-10 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil at room temperature
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp cold water
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut set aside for garnish
- Pulse cashews and almonds into a food processor
- Add remainder of ingredients except shredded coconut into the food processor or blender for 1 minute or until combined. If mixture is warm from the dates put into fridge for 15-20 minutes to let cool, it will make it easier to roll.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and form into balls.
- Prepare a shallow dish and add shredded coconut, roll the balls and cover evenly with coconut.
- Lay balls on a plate or tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for a minimum of an hour.
- Store in a glass container with airtight lid for up to 2 weeks.