What is brunch without French toast? It’s a staple, it’s comforting and it’s obviously delicious! This is a recipe I have been making for years, I didn’t exactly reinvent the wheel here, but it’s the healthiest way I know to make this dish without stripping away that classic goodness. The key here is the sprouted grain bread, sprouted grains are much easier for the body to digest and the nutrients are properly absorbed.
Healthier French Toast
- 4 slices sprouted grain bread See the options linked below
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 organic egg whites
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk I use coconut
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Mix eggs, egg whites, milk and maple syrup in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Heat your griddle or pan to medium heat, once hot add your preferred cooking spray or ghee.
- Take your sprouted bread and submerge into your egg mixture, flip and coat the other side, transfer to hot pan/ griddle. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to your serving plate, top with cinnamon, berries, fruits of your choice and of course more maple syrup and enjoy!