This recipe can be done in 2 ways, either as a simple Asian style tartare served with your favourite crackers, veggies, or toasted bread or used in a poke bowl. Both work perfectly and this recipe can also be used with salmon instead of tuna. This is a really easy lunch or dinner that satisfies and makes you feel fancy!
This is supper easy to throw together and very healthy too!
Sesame Ginger Tuna Tartare
- 400 grams sushi grade tuna ask your fish store to cut tartare style
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1/8 cup chives chopped finely
- 1/8 cup cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sambal
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds toast on pan and let cool
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- In a small mixing bowl combine ginger, chives, cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil, coconut aminos, honey, sambal, mix until combined nicely.
- Add in tuna, stirring until all tuna is nicely coated. Add in lime juice, this is always your last step as you don’t want the acidity to cook the tuna at all.
- Transfer tuna into tartare molds and top with some additional sesame seeds and herbs if you like and enjoy!